Thinking about your romantic getaway with your honey is so exciting! But it can also be overwhelming too if you aren’t sure where to go or what you want to do. With help from Linda Dancer with Honeymoons Inc., we’re sharing 5 hot honeymoon destinations for 2023. These spots have been proven to not only attract couples, but give them memories that will last a lifetime. See which areas made the cut on this list below!
# 5 Hot Honeymoon Destinations for 2023: Exotic Destinations ~ A Tie Between Maldives and South Pacific
If clients have the time to travel to these exotic destinations, they will find the clearest water on earth for an overwater bungalow – these bucket list destinations are truly paradise on earth and a true tropical oasis.
Located in South Asia in the Indian Ocean Maldives are known for white sand beaches and clearest blue water, overwater bungalows – some with their own private pool or slides into the ocean, pricing varies by distance from Male – the main international airport – a rule of thumb the further from the airport, the more expensive depending upon if you have to take a private plane or boat out to the atoll
- Water sports such as swimming with whale sharks, scuba diving and snorkeling in pristine coral reefs to see amazing marine life
- Foodies love Maldives ~ top choices currie and fresh seafood
- Movie nights and private dinners by the ocean are popular
- Do know that from USA the average flight time to Maldives is a little over 20 hours, for many clients we will book a stopover in Dubai for this reason
South Pacific ~ Islands of Tahiti
Located in the middle of the Pacific Ocean (closest major land mass being Australia) photos of this secluded group of enchanting Society Islands are on every Pinterest Honeymoon Board ever created. If you have the time, after the stress of planning a wedding, there is no more relaxing destination than the Islands of Tahiti.
- The Islands of Tahiti are best known for breathtaking scenery, soaring cliffs from volcanoes, waterfalls, powder sugar sand beaches surrounded by lush tropical foliage and flowering landscape and iconic overwater bungalows (Did you know there are over 800 overwater bungalows spread across the islands of Tahiti? )
- Breakfast delivered by canoe to your overwater bungalow
- Marine life for snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking tours or try your hand at spear fishing
- Tahiti TV ~ glass panels in the floor or tables in the living room allows you to watch marine life below your overwater bungalow
- Cruise the islands on a luxury Paul Gauguin Cruise to enjoying more islands during your time/ followed by a resort stay at one or more islands.
- Each Island offers something unique and different, so working with a Tahiti Specialist is crucial to putting together the perfect honeymoon itinerary / the average flight time from the west coast of the USA to Tahiti is 10 hours and 45 minutes.
#4 Hot Destinations for 2023 ~ Hawaii
For many the major attraction to the Hawaiian Islands is no passport required and for the some, the fear of traveling outside the country caused by the pandemic and thoughts they might get stuck in a foreign country somehow. Hawaii offers six major islands to visit Kauai, Oahu, Molokai, Maui, Lanai and the Island of Hawaii (formerly referred to as The Big Island) – each island offers a unique experience.
- Kauai ~ “The Garden Isle” lush and tropical, dramatic scenery with Napali Coastline and Waimea Canyon
- Oahu ~ home to the capital city of Honolulu, iconic surf towns like Hale’iwa on the north shore and Pearl Harbor
- Maui ~ home to famous beaches, Road to Hana and probably the best known of the islands.
- Lanai ~ luxury and secluded resorts, but beautiful rugged terrain, Dole Park in the center of town
- Molokai ~ rustic charm, truest island to its island routes,
- Island of Hawaii ~ golf, active volcano, coffee farms, black sand beaches so much to see and do
Each island is unique with its own personality, based upon your time and budget it possible combine more than one island for a more complete Hawaiian experience.
#3 Hot Honeymoon Destinations for 2023 ~ Italy
While other destinations in Europe including Greece are often requested, for sure Italy is my most requested destination in Europe.
Italy as a country offers a vast array of vacation experiences, from bustling cities like Rome full of history, fairy-tale Venice (think gondolas), beaches, shopping in Milan, iconic countryside of Tuscany with rows of vines in the vineyards, or the Italian Lake District in the northern part of the country.
So then logistics comes into play – Italy is known as one of the most romantic places on earth so you need to think about what you want to see, experience or spend your time. It is easy to put together flights with open jaw itinerary (think into Rome and out of Venice ) but to have time to schedule trains, tours and so forth you need to narrow your focus and realize. Italy offers so much for your honeymoon- so start by making a list of what you want to see or do in Italy before you start to plan your honeymoon.
#2 Hot Honeymoon Destinations for 2023 ~ Costa Rica
Costa Rica is a destination perfect for a honeymoon, especially couples that love to unplug and enjoy nature “Pura Vida” is so much more than just a slogan, it is a way of life here. I always suggest if my clients have the time and budget to split their stay in different areas of the country.
- I suggest luxury Nayara Springs – with views of the Arenal volcano from your terrace, enjoy time in your spring-fed plunge pool – or “Glamp” in the Nayara Tented Camp – during the day enjoy white water rafting, the spa, sloth habitat (the highlight of my trip)
- Then private transfers over to Guanacaste on the Pacific Coast
- End your Costa Rica Honeymoon at all- inclusive resort Secrets Papagayo for adults only, overlooking beautiful unspoiled Arenilla Beach, in Costa Rica’s Gulf of Papagayo.
- Safe time by flying into San Jose and out of Liberia Airports – only do the long transfer once.
#1 Hot Honeymoon Destinations for 2023 ~ Saint Lucia
It is no wonder that the island of Saint Lucia has won so many awards. The island is the perfect mix of natural beauty, adventure, beautiful beaches and the kindest people. Guest can enjoy spending time on a beautiful beach one day , go soaking in the volcanic mud baths of Soufriere, go hiking in the Pitons, ATV through abandoned sugar plantation, make their own chocolate bar, snorkel in the shadow of the Pitons. That is just a sample of the many ways you an be inspired on Saint Lucia.
Accommodations range from intimate boutique resorts to large family friendly all-inclusive resorts, one of a kind properties such as Jade Mountain and Calabash Cove and my favorite all-inclusive on the island Sandals Grande St. Lucian.
Unique experiences like arrival helicopter transfers, club-hopping in Rodney Bay, Friday Night Gros Islet Street Party, romantic sunset catamaran cruise, Anse La Raye Fish Fry – on Friday evenings villager’s serve up what the local fishermen brought home from the sea that day.
Romance is found everywhere in Saint Lucia. No wonder she has been named World Leading Honeymoon Destination and Best Romantic Caribbean Destination many times. She is the perfect destination for your honeymoon, elopement or destination wedding.
Which of these hot honeymoon destinations has you packing your bags?!
For assistance with booking, be sure to reach out to Linda Dancer with Honeymoons Inc!
Nashville Bride Guide Directory Members
The below businesses are a part of the Nashville Bride Guide business directory. Visit their portfolios to learn more and inquire about their services.