Megan + Daniel's hearts shown throughout their wedding day. From every single carefully crafted decor detail to the charity donation guest gift, thought and meaning were not soon forgotten by each guest in attendance. The couple opted not to see each other before their ceremony, but instead sent each other gifts and letters before laying eyes on each other as Megan walked down the aisle. The classic southern vibe of Loveless was also evident through the bags tournament and delicious southern style food that was served. Megan decided on elegant draping with neutrals mixed with pops of navy and pink throughout the decor. You can tell the close knit nature of their friends and family by all of the dance floor photos! Take a look at their love-filled day below along with everything you need to know from Megan's perspective!
Megan + Daniel
The Loveless Barn
Photographer | Matt Andrews
Venue | The Loveless Barn
Food | Loveless Catering
Florals | Ruffled Feathers Events
Dress | Geny's Bridal
Hair + Makeup | Hunter Paige by Parlour 3
Music | Viva La Strings
Megan: Dan proposed on the beach in Mexico. It was perfect! It was our first international trip together. The first night he coaxed me down to the beach before dinner (brave man since I was a little hangry). We sat in a cabana watching the waves roll in while the sun was setting and he dropped to one knee and proposed. Afterwards we sipped champagne and he told me all about his experiences with buying the ring and keeping me in the dark on the proposal (he involved my mom and sister to redirect me!).
The Big Day
Megan: Our wedding day was absolutely perfect! The coordinator at Loveless was such a huge help in keeping everything running smoothly. The day started fairly early for the girls, as we started getting ready at Hunter Paige around 9:30am. It was so much fun to have all the girls there so we could have fun getting ready and share in the excitement. The guys arrived at Loveless around 2:00pm and finished getting ready, then headed out for pictures. Our photographer, Matt Andrews, was amazing at keeping all of us moving and staying on the timeline he and I worked out prior to the big day. This ensured that we were able to have all photos possible knocked out before the ceremony, so afterwards we could focus on the bride & groom portraits. The wedding party and family members did the rehearsal that afternoon, so I stayed back and got dressed since my job during the ceremony was pretty easy. It was fun to have everyone walk in and see me in my dress for the first time all at once. Lots of happy tears! Walking along the bridge into the Loveless courtyard was like a dream. It was magical to have all those we hold most dear with us, but we truly only had eyes for each other. We were both so excited to see each other after a long day of no contact. After the ceremony, everything was a blur! Photos, 1st dances, toasts, food, and sooo much dancing! DJ JD did an amazing job of keeping the party going. We have gotten so many notes and comments about what a fun wedding it was.
Inspiration for the planning:
Megan: Our main goal for our wedding was for everyone to have fun, eat well, and enjoy each other’s company and in the end, it was a success. A few of our favorite details:
– The family photos we had in our ceremony space. We were able to hang the photos on the end of the pews so that those that could not be physically with us were remembered as we each walked down the aisle.
– The thank you cards on the tables. We didn’t want to send our guests away with a little trinket that would be forgotten or lost in the shuffle, so we made a donation to cancer research in the name of our wedding guests. The thank you cards on the tables had a few lines to thank everyone for coming and a note about the donation. They looked beautiful on the table and the donation brought joy to so many at our wedding who had been effected by cancer.
Special moments from the day:
Megan: Truly the whole day was special! One of the most special moments was our gifts for each other. We both opened our gifts as we were getting ready (me at Hunter Paige, Dan at Loveless). Dan had a music box engraved with one of our favorite phrases and filled it with letters from the bridesmaids and our immediate family members. It was so special to hear words of love and well wishes for our marriage. Dan’s gift was a letter from me and a pocket watch that I had repaired. The watch was something we found in his grandparents’ home after his grandmother passed away. He now carries the watch every day.
Megan: Our first dance was to “How Long Will I Love You” by Ellie Goulding. My father and I danced to “My Girl” by The Temptations. Dan and his mother danced to “Stand by Me” by Ben E. King. Also, during the reception the DJ played the groom’s parents’ song, “If” by Bread.
Megan on advice for future couples who are planning their weddings:
– Enjoy the process when you can!
– Decide the top 5 things that are important to you and be flexible with everything else.
– Take help when offered (family, friends, the groom, etc)!
– After you’ve made final decisions, let go of the stress. If something isn’t done the day before the wedding, chances are it isn’t that important.
– Find a GOOD seamstress/alterations person. Miss Faye from Modiste Shop was a lifesaver for us! She took my great dress and made it PERFECT (added boning, added straps, removed fabric in unflattering places, etc).
– Take time with your new husband to just enjoy the moment. Dan and I had a few minutes alone a few times during the reception to be alone and talk about the day. Those few minutes allowed us to ask each other questions and reflect on parts of the day that we may have not seen (like the rehearsal I was not there for and our families seeing me in my dress that he did not get to be a part of).