If you’re like me, you might admire flowers, love having them in your house and wish you could have a beautiful garden in your backyard. But if you’re like me, you may not know the first place to start when ordering flowers – especially if it’s for your wedding! The good news is that we have Jack and Troy of T Villager Designs here today guest posting on the blog about what to ask your wedding floral designer. So whether you want flowers dripping from every corner of your wedding venue or if you’re more of a minimalist, these questions will help guide you in the right direction when meeting with your Nashville wedding florist. I’ll let the experts at T Villager Designs take it from here!
Photo by Abigail Volkmann Photography
Wedding flowers are an important part of a bride’s wedding day and floral design is a true art form. Flowers are one of the focal points that create the look and mood to support the bride’s vision for her wedding.
There are several questions to consider when consulting with a floral designer in order for a bride to make the best informed decision. Below is a short list of some questions to think about when meeting with a floral designer. Although not all inclusive, these questions might be helpful.
1. Have you provided flowers at my chosen ceremony and reception location before? If not, are you familiar with the site/sites?
2. Where did you receive your training to work with flowers and how long have you and your designers been working with flowers?
3. How many weddings will you schedule on the same day or same weekend? If there are multiple weddings you do on one day/weekend how will that be structured so I know my wedding will get the attention it needs?
4. What design styles do you primarily work with in your floral designs?
5. What recommendations can you give me to help me maximize my budget?
6. What flowers are in season for the month I am getting married? Can I get the flowers I want? Will it be more expensive for flowers not in season?
7. How far in advance of my wedding will you create bouquets and arrangements and how are they kept fresh?
8. Is there an extra fee if I need you to stay throughout the ceremony to move arrangements to the reception site?
9. Will you provide me with an itemized list of all the elements we’ve discussed along with pricing for each element and flowers to be used in bouquets, etc.?
10. What are your payment terms?
The list of questions a bride may want to ask her floral designer can go far beyond the questions above and each bride should choose the questions that will help her make her best informed decisions.
There are many wonderful floral designers in our community who are very talented and do great work. Finding the floral designer that best meets your needs, your budget requirements that you work well with is very important.
Photo by Details Nashville
Thank you so much for sharing your insight with us, Troy and Jack! This is super helpful – knowing the season, experience level and familiarity your florist has with executing your vision is key in the hiring process! And if you are looking for a designer, then T Villager Designs is definitely a great choice. Troy has years of floral design experience and his work is so creative and innovative – your florals will leave your guests in awe! You can check out more of T Villager’s work here on their website and be sure to follow them for the latest on their Instagram page here!
All photos provided by T Villager Designs