All Posts By: Alyssa DiCicco
With 21 stories and a rooftop that overlooks Nashville’s downtown skyline, Marriott‘s first ever tri-brand hotel makes for a great Nashville wedding venue. Their newly built hotel is making history by combining three brands under one roof, featuring AC Hotel, Residence Inn, and SpringHill Suites. Northpoint Hospitality recently celebrated the grand opening of this awesome hotel and we’re sharing all about the event. Keep reading to find and more and take a peek inside with these photos captured by Teresa Earnest.
- July 12, 2019
- Events at 624
- Model groom: Marcus Johnson – @marcusdiontej Model bride: Jamaria Johnson – @jamariajoliviaj Venue: Events at 624 -@eventsat624 Wedding Cake: City Girl Treats -@citygirltreats Photography: J Mikado Photography – @jmikadophotography Caterer: Taste of Perfection – @toptasteofperfection Rentals (plates, linen, flatware, vintage cart, Farrah chairs) : Southern Events – @southerneventsandrentals Stationery: Paper Kuts Studio – @paperkuts_studio Vintage rentals ( glassware, vintage furniture): Sparks Vintage Rentals – @rentsparkvintage HMUA: Posh Glam Studio – @poshglamnashville Calligraphy: C. Ashlyn Calligraphy – @c.ashlyn.calligraphy Wedding bands: Ingram Jewelers – @ingramjewelers Tuxedo: My Joyful Event Tuxedo – @myjoyfulevent Mobile Bar: Twisted Tongue- @twistedtonguenashville Florist: Echoes of Eden Florals – @echoes_of_eden_florals Pop-Up Mural Artist: Faven Heart Murals-@favenheart Nashville souvenirs/vintages goods (vintage radio, Nashville flask, ceramic vases, enamel pins, postcard): Bits & Pieces Antique Boutique Wedding dress/ Wedding planning: Today and Forever – @todayandforeverwedding
- Tierra: My vision was a Nashville themed wedding, but I wanted to show couples that there’s more to our city than just country music. I really wanted to think outside of the box and showcase what a Nashville wedding meant to me!
- Tierra: The theme of the shoot is a Music City Merger. I was inspired by retro/vintage Nashville and the music scene. Some say that Nashville received it’s nickname “Music City” from the Fisk Jubilee Singers, an acappella ensemble from Nashville’s HBCU Fisk University, so I wanted to showcase a young African-American couple who fell in love in Music City! Our venue space is a new Germantown venue, which I felt was quite fitting since it’s on the same street as the University.
- Tierra: Where do I begin?! So the color scheme was based off of a retro Nashville souvenir shirt with a burst of teal, burnt orange, yellow, black and white as an accent. Murals are such big part of the Nashville scene, so the custom pop-up mural by Faven Heart Murals helped to create a fun scene indoors. I wanted to feature a variety of mid-century furniture and décor and incorporate different shapes. I absolutely fell in love with the teal Farrah chairs and guitar pick shaped plates from Southern Events . I knew they’d be the perfect fit! We brought in vinyl records and vintage props from local antique stores for the table scape as well. I decided to use buttons for place cards in a retro floral print to really tie in the era and provide a unique alternative for couples. C. Ashlyn Calligraphy also did a beautiful job of addressing our RSVP envelopes in a circular shape. Billy balls totally scream mid-century and retro vibes to me, so I’m glad Echoes of Eden Florals was able to incorporate those throughout the arrangements. We incorporated elements of Nashville and Tennessee with Taste of Perfections’ sophisticated spin on Nashville’s Hot Chicken, with fresh peppers, herbs, and a honey mixture. We used Jack Daniels bottles as candle holders! The invitations by PaperKuts Studio were an ode to the Hatch Print Shop. I could go on and on from the cake to the hair and makeup, I’m just absolutely pleased with how everything “merged” together.
- Tierra: The was a big team and that’s exactly how I wanted it to be! There’s so many talented vendors and artists in the wedding industry and I wanted to take this opportunity to showcase some amazing talent in Nashville. I’m so thankful for everyone who contributed to this shoot and helped bring my vision to life! We all had such a blast on shoot day. We all enjoyed the “cocktail hour” featuring a Twisted Lemonade by mobile bar company, Twisted Tongue Nashville.
Photo download link: https://jmikadophotography.client-gallery.com/gallery/music-city-merger-styled-shoot
I am thrilled to have a special guest post today from none other than the magnificent online bridal fashion boutique, Lulus! They are here to share their 2019 Fall Collection with us today. It’s so beautiful and effortless – perfect for brides of today. I’ll turn it over to Rachel to share all about the […]
Glowing and glamorous is how every bride deserves to feel on her wedding day. Offering brides organic solutions in the comfort of their own home, we’re excited to introduce you to Glo Spray Tans. You can now put your worries of looking orange aside and rest assured that you’ll look like a (natural) bronzed goddess. […]
Are you and your fiance looking to purchase a new home in Nashville? If you’re looking for a Nashville real estate agent, then make sure you check out Traci Lawson with Scout Realty! She is a newlywed herself and can totally relate when it comes to your wedding and finding a home.
Oh for the love of COLOR! I was thrilled to see some of my amazingly talented NBG Vendors collaborate together on this styled shoot at Cedarmont Farm! The venue in Franklin, TN hosts a pool on the property, so the inspiration flowed for this Miami-esque poolside wedding shoot. Lindsey Brown Photography captured all of the […]
Get ready to get cozy! With modern decor and an open atmosphere, a private residence in Hendersonville, Tennessee set the scene for Desirea and Andre’s engagement session. From playing music, cooking together, to even watching an episode of Friends, these photos are warming our hearts! Keep scrolling to see some of our favorites captured by Grace Upon […]